Clinics & Services
In addition to general medical consultations we are pleased to be able to provide specialist clinics and services covering the following areas:
- Accupuncture - low back pain only
- Chronic obstructive airways disease
- Coronary heart disease
- Cervical screening
- Contraceptive services - including counselling, injections, implants and coil fitting.
- Intramuscular Steroid Injections
- 24 Hour Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Child health surveillance and baby clinic
- Blood pressure checks
- Maternity services - including pre-conception counselling
- Diet and exercise counselling
- Vaccinations and immunisations - including travel but not yellow fever
- NHS health checks - for over 40's
- Well-person checks
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Checks
- Learning disabled care
- Substance misuse counselling
- Smoking cessation
If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required.
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the fitfortravel website.
It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible - at least 6 weeks before you travel - as a second appointment will be required with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations. These vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Some travel vaccinations are not included under the NHS and for these there is a charge and the price may vary depending on where you are traveling and what vaccination/s is/are required.
To help us offer the appropriate advice, please fill out the travel health questionnaire before coming to see the nurse.
Some services provided fall outside the scope of the NHS and therefore attract charges. Examples include the following:
- Medicals for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements (HGV, PSV etc.)
- Insurance claim forms
- Passport signing
- Prescriptions for taking medication abroad
- Private sick notes
- Vaccination certificates
Our reception staff will be happy to advise you about appointment availability and applicable charges.
For a comprehensive list of charges - please refer to practice notice board.